1.15.2010

Are we too full?

Last night Trent and I were praying and we started praying things out by the Spirit. One of the things that I heard come out of my mouth was “make room”. I saw a storage room and it was so full of things you could not get even one more thing inside. I saw someone open the door and try to put something inside but it would just fall out because the room was too full.

God wants to do something in His church, He wants to move with His power but right now, I would say He can’t. He can’t fill the church with the Spirit and power if it’s full of other things.

Ms. Lynne Hammond says in her book “The Master is Calling”
“I am convinced that is the lack of spiritual hunger that is at the root of our powerlessness in prayer. It is not that we do not know the rules of principles of prayer. It is not that we haven’t had enough instruction on the mechanics of it. It is that we have been so full of ourselves and our own interests that we’ve left little room for God to move.”
“We’ve been too busy making a living, or watching TV, or perhaps even participating in church activities in order to take advantage of them. As a church, we have pacified our spiritual hunger with the junk food the world has offered us while we have let the dust collect on our Bibles and the cobwebs grow in our prayer closets.”
Is this where we are? It’s not where I want to be! I have really been seeing this a new perspective. It’s all or nothing. We can’t be half-way hungry for God. We can’t be half on-fire for God. It HAS to be our all. This is serious. That’s one thing He has been telling me, it’s serious. I can’t be casual with it. God really can’t use casual Christians.  I am not trying to be harsh, but how can He? Can He use a half-consecrated Christian?

We have to come to the place where we are hungry for more. Where we don’t care about the distractions of the world. Where we don’t care about what we want or what will satisfy us. But, how do we do that?
Ms Lynne went on to say,
“Simply repent before God. Honestly acknowledge that you have desired other things more that Him. You can’t pretend to be hungry when you are not. But you can begin to call out to Him and say, Lord, please forgive me and make me hungry for You
This is where I’m at. I am realizing that I have craved other things more than Him. That I have not had spiritual hunger. I don’t like that I’ve been that way and it’s not staying the same. This fast that we’ve been doing have really opened my eyes to things, to see where I’m at spiritually.

Well, once again I have managed to make this post incredibly long so I’ll end with this. It’s another quote from Ms Lynne’s book. This is what I am looking forward to!
“If we’ll empty ourselves of the distractions and desires of this world, and crave Jesus alone – He will rush into our lives with the wind of the Holy Spirit. He will meet us with an intensity and an outpouring that we have, until now, only read about in the pages of books.”

2 comments:

ps said...

Well said Jess. It's exciting to be in this place for we are all recognizing our intense need for Him and for Him alone!

dar said...

Just what I needed to hear! Thanks! I am so looking forward to an amazing year!