“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” Harvey MackayI read that quote today and I think it's true - time is priceless. It can be something we have too much of or not enough of. We all have the same amount of time in our day; it's how we choose to use it that matters.
The Lord has really been ministering to me about my time. How am I using it? Am I wasting time that I can never get back?
We (Trent and I) were praying the other night and I heard Trent say "if we want to do what Jesus did we have to do what Jesus did". That's obvious, isn't it! But it was so profound! I realized that my whole life I've thought that I would one day just somehow stumble on the works of Jesus. That I would wake up with power or something! I would pray for the "greater works" to be manifesting in my life but I never really saw that way before.
Jesus was continually spending time with the Father. Over and over again in the gospels it says "Jesus went away to pray" or "Jesus went to be alone with the Father" or things of that nature. He was constantly making time for fellowship with His Father. Why was Jesus able to say "I only speak/do what I hear/see the Father saying/doing"? Because He spent enough time with Him to hear/see what God was saying/doing! That takes time!
We can have a relationship with God without the fellowship. Two people can be married; they have a relationship as husband and wife. But, that doesn't mean they have fellowship. You could be married to someone you don't know and have relationship, fellowship is communion, it's interaction, it's intimacy.
re⋅la⋅tion⋅ship -noun
1. A connection, association, or involvement
2. Connection between persons by blood or marriage
fel⋅low⋅ship -verb
1. Friendly relationship; companionship: the fellowship of father and son.
2. Community of interest, feeling, etc.
3. Communion
4. Friendliness.
5. An association of persons having similar tastes, interests, etc.
We have to have fellowship with the Father. It's necessary for us doing the works or Jesus and the greater works! If Jesus had to have fellowship with the Father, then we certainly need to! It wasn't enough for Jesus to have the relationship with His Father (as His son) He HAD to have the fellowship!
Relationship doesn't take much work, it is something you have, or something you are. (Husband and wife, Father and son, etc...) Fellowship takes time. Fellowship takes work. Oh, but's it so worth it! As we spend more and more time with Him, making our purpose to know Him more, we will soon know the power outflowing from Him!
Ms. Lynne Hammond said in her book "Secrets to Powerful Prayer"
"Every miracle in Jesus' life was born out of the time He spent in prayer. The same will be true for us. As we learn to pray as He prayed, we'll do the works that He did and even greater works!"
We have to make time and then take the time to spend with Him. Time is priceless, once you use it you can never get it back. Let's use our time in fellowship with the Father, getting to know Him and then, we will walk in the same ways as Jesus. We will do what Jesus did!
2 comments:
Love, love, love this post Jess. Fellowship is at the very heart of who we are (or should be) as a Christian. I never knew or understood that as a baby Christian but I know and understand it now. I'm so glad too because it is fellowship with the Father and not just knowledge of the Father that has changed my life and is changing it forever!
"I've thought that I would one day just somehow stumble on the works of Jesus."
I know, Jess, that's SO true! I feel like I've felt the same way at times. (I like to think I'm finally moving past it!) It's amazing how we actually have to do what Jesus did. Like, actually DO it, not just wait around for it to happen. And, yet, paradoxically, the only way it will happen is with the leading and prompting of the Holy Spirit. I guess it all comes down to being willing and quickly obedient when we do feel the Holy Spirit's tug.
Good word :)
Post a Comment