The last few weeks I have been reading/studying about getting rid the flesh. That's something I know we have to constantly do, we can't let the flesh have any room or it takes over! A couple days ago I was reading in Galatians. Chapter 5, verse 16 says "Walk and habitually live in the Holy Spirit and you will certainly not gratify the flesh". I LOVE that! In the Message it says "live freely animated and motivated by God's spirit". It reminded me of a puppet or a cartoon, they are animated. The only way a puppet can move is if the person controlling it moves it! The only way a cartoon is animated is if the drawer makes it move! I was thinking about that in relation to us and the Holy Spirit. I want to be animated by Him, controlled by Him! I want the only reason I move is if He moves me! I want to make my decisions based on what the Holy Spirit is saying! I am learning every day to be more sensitive to His leading, more sensitive to His voice! It's an exciting journey and I'm excited to see where He takes me!
So, in my study of crucifying the flesh I am finding that instead of concentrating so much on what my flesh can't do and striving to deny my flesh, it's more profitable to focus on listening to the Holy Spirit's leading. Gal. 5:22-23 talks about the fruit of the Holy Spirit! It's the fruit of the Holy Spirit's working in my life! If I am motivated and animated by the Holy Spirit and I let Him control me I will CERTAINLY NOT gratify the flesh! Isn't that SO exciting! The more we follow the Spirit the less we follow the flesh!
Let's not get discouraged by looking at how much flesh we have to kill, let's be encouraged by following the Spirit! Then those flesh things will just fall away and we will look at ourselves and see that Spirit fruit that is blooming in our lives!
2 comments:
Ok, so the last 2 lines were kinda cheesy! But, it's true!
Great message Jess! We won't look the same by the end of the year!!
Post a Comment