1.14.2009

Paper cuts...

I work at Alma Tractor and Equipment, I'm the receptionist and accounts payable, meaning I answer phones and pay bills! Well, another part of my job is scanning every invoice, every receipt, every delivery and pick-up ticket, every rental invoice, and every other thing that needs to be scanned, needless to say it adds up really quick! So, in order to scan, obviously I have to pick up the piece of paper! In doing so I often get a paper cut! I'm not sure why or how...it just happens!
Well, when you handle as much paper as I do, you get ALOT of paper cuts! I have 4 on my hands right now! Yesterday I got the mother of all paper cuts! It was huge! It wouldn't stop bleeding either...I actually had to use a band-aid for a paper-cut!!!

If I had a dollar for every paper cut I've gotten, I would be rich! Well...maybe not! Now if I had a hundred dollars for every paper cut!

10 comments:

Belinda said...

I know how that feels. I remember having to do alot of filing and taking care of accounts recievable. Its amazing how something so little can cause soooo much pain. Believe it or not super glue works good.

Staci said...

You know, for years, I worked in an office, and I can't even tell you how many paper cuts I've had! A few times, I've even paper cut under my nose! I'd get in a hurry when sealing envelopes, and viola! Belinda is right - super glue or even fingernail polish will at least keep things out of it (after you wash it, of course!)

Anonymous said...

Jess, just in your last 2 posts I have discovered you are a lady of vast interests and experiences! I look forward to much, much more!

Kimmy said...

I am the same way! At my job I am constantly filing and paper cuts are a part of the daily routine!

Anonymous said...

Okay I got a paper cut on the top of my hand which I know is a weird place. AND it somehow got infected too. Ummmm... now I feel dumb sharing this! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't feel dumb, PS, when I first read it I wondered why she didn't mention any cuts getting red because my job related nicks get red sometimes! All these little rabbit trails our lives take!

Jessica said...

Oh they do all get red! I guess I didn't think about it when I posted it!

Staci said...

hahahaha! Jess, you should have just let them think you were too spiritual to get infected boo boos! It's funnier that way!

Landon Parker said...

OK, one of the worst thoughts that I used to have was getting a paper cut on the bottom of my nose. It made me cringe. And, now after reading this post and all these comments I will now be casting thoughts down for at least 2 minutes. I hope you're all happy

Anonymous said...

Or an even worse thought is a paper cut on your tongue!! Like from licking an envelop!!! Ewwwww!!! Oh, shoot. CAUTION: Landon don't read this! :)