12.11.2008

Why I like Christmas, reason #2!

Reason #1 was candy canes (that's not my top reason, it was just first) #2 is family! These reasons don't go in any particular order, considering I enjoy seeing family more than candy canes!

I LOVE seeing my family, especially around Christmastime. It's so fun going to my parents house and seeing it all decorated, and let me tell you, my mom loves to decorate!
Next Wednesday Trent and I will be leaving after work to go up to the frozen tundra of Iowa. I am hoping that we'll drive straight through, but depending on weather and how sleepy we are, we might stop in Kansas City.
I am SO excited! I miss my family alot and I don't see them much. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE living here and I love Trent's family, they are the best! But, there is still nothing like your family!This is an old picture of us, I don't really have any newer ones! I need one with Trent and Ben in it! Maybe someone else soon! (ask Jamie about that one) My goal this year is to take a family picture, so I at least have a recent one with all of us in it!
Anyway, I am excited to see them and I know it will be a great time!

Do you all get to see family during the Christmas season?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your family too!!! :) WE are blessed to get to have some of you sometimes for Christmas but I never get to be with my sibblings for Christmas anymore. I do miss the times with the extended family sometimes but don't let myself dwell upon it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderfully blessed time with your family during Christmas!

Beckypdj said...

I love the pic of you & Trent, so happy and it shows. Have a great time in Iowa!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to type WE, just We but I always hold the button down too long! Just ask Evan, my typing skills are something that makes her laugh quite often!! :)

Staci said...

We love the Johnson family! We hope you guys have a great time at Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Jess! I am so glad that you get to have a fun time w/ your family! I LOVE your family!!!
I have to agree w/ mom. I do miss our big get-to-gethers with my aunts, uncles, & cousins and would like to have that one year! It would be SO fun! :)

Jessica said...

Trent says that all the time, how he misses those big get togethers. I understand now...I mean, my cousins and aunts and uncles still get together, we just aren't there anymore! That's part of growing up, I suppose! I am blessed for the time I do get to see my parents though!

Jake said...

My thoghts on these topics are too many. So I'll just say DITTO!

Belinda said...

Jessica, you and Trent have a great time in Iowa. I have relatives there also and I do like it there. Christmas is great I love spending it with Tony's family. I have the best in-laws in the world.

Jessica said...

I personally think I have the best in-laws! :)

Nancy Larson said...

I hope we can see you in the coming week. Do you have to go back before Christmas? Have a great time with your family.
Love, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hurray for family!!!