Isn't God good? Everyday I am amazed by how much He loves me and how much He loves to bless me!
Lately He has really been teaching me about my confession and the words of my mouth.
1. My words about others. It says in Ephesians 4:29 Let no foul or polluting language, evil word, unwholesome or worthless talk ever come out of your mouth, but only such speech that is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, that is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace to those who hear it.
This is SO good! Is what I'm saying to/about others giving grace to those who hear it? It is benefiting the spiritual progress of others?
2. The words/confession about me
Is what I'm saying today what I want to see tomorrow? Am I confessing health and healing or I am confessing sickness? I am I speaking provision and abundance or lack and poverty? By not being proactive and speaking life, I will be speaking death. God has SO much for us, He has given us ALL things for life and Godliness and that's abundant life (2 Peter 1:3, John 10:10) I want everything God has for me, all the my redemption provided for me! One way I can see those things start to happen is by confessing God's word over my life!
Well, I've been trying to speak God's Word daily over me, the Word about health, finances, joy, peace, etc...I don't want to wait until I get sick to speak life, I want to be on the offense, not the defense! God is so good and His word is so true! We've been speaking the Word specifically in the area of finances...we are NOT having any form of lack in our house! In the last week we have received around $100 for Trent's b-day, $130 credit from OG&E for our electric bill, $200 for my work Christmas bonus, a Canon, 10 mega pixel camera, and Trent will be getting more money from the job he is doing right now! Isn't God good!!
Start speaking God's Word and be faithful to what He's given you now and watch Him work in your life!
What has God done for you lately? I LOVE hearing about His goodness!
8 comments:
I love posts like this. God has been so good to me. His Blessing is working in every area of my life and we are seeing his goodness everywhere we look. Confessing His word has proven Him to be the faithful God He is!
Yes, God is so good and confession is so important. Tom and I have lived (and are living) very blessed lives and speak God's Word over our lives all the time, that is why it is so hard to comprehend what happened 11 months ago. Sometimes I find myself asking why, what was missing? But that does no good. We base our lives on God's word, not our experiences. So we keep confessing and keep believing.
I like what you said, we base our lives on God's word...so true!
Awesome word of encouragement!! It is so important to keep your words in line with God's word so He can do everything in His ability to work on your behalf! Great post!
Just one of the many treasures God has filled my life with is my church family. What a blessing you all are! I love you all and pray for you all the time! I want each of you to know how precious you are to me!
Work in the natural (like I said, natural which doesn't apply to us) was slower. He said we REALLY need work right now. I said ok, let's get on this. We began speaking and confessing the Word and calling in jobs. We reminded God of how He is and has ALWAYS been faithful to us. He has never let us down.
Nate was driving to work one day and thought......I should call Harold Hamm (another builder in the area) he thought to himself why would I do that. But obeyed and called. Harold said, it's funny that you called b/c my other painter is on a different job and I have a job that I need someone on tomorrow! Nate said, ok! We'll be there!!
GOD IS FAITHFUL!!! He never let's us down when we FULLY TRUST in Him!
That is our testimony!!! :)
I love that story!! Trent told me about that(the condensed version anyway!) God is so good, that's SO encouraging!
Post a Comment