Since last night I have seen and heard alot of negativity towards our new president and the future of America. We had spent alot of time praying for the elections and our upcoming president and the nation in our church and I also did personally.
One thing I kept getting yesterday was "it's not over yet".
God has a plan for this nation and for the church. I fully intend to see that plan come to pass! It will be over if the church lays down and says "Oh no, this is bad, what are we going to do?"
We have to rise up and be the body of Christ!
We were praying last night and Pastor Susan mentioned something that I thought was really exciting!
In 1 Corinthians 2 is talks about the mysteries of God and if the rulers of this world knew how victorious Jesus would be when he rose from the dead they never would've crucified him. Satan doesn't know everything! He doesn't know how victorious and good God's plan is! All he knows is that if he can keep the church in fear, worry and doubt he can keep the church from praying and enforcing the victory we have! Then, he can have his way and it's over....
BUT, if we rise up and say "No devil, not on my watch! You are not taking my country" and do what we can in prayer then, no, it's not over! God has an amazing plan, I will see that unfold, I will be a part of the glorious church in the last days until the Lord says "it is finished" and we are out of here!! And, no, I'm not going to do that from Canada!
Again, I really recommend the Tommy Hicks Vision http://www.kcm.org/pdf/tommy_hicks.pdf
and also Pastor's Susan's post "Now What" http://susanfletcher.org/?p=135
6 comments:
Really good post! Thanks for the reminder!
AMEN!
Well said, Jess!!! I sure am glad we have your prayer supply!!!
It's like I told one of the girls yesterday (or maybe both of them), this did not take God by surprise and I am sure he had this figured into His plan from the beginning of time! Our responsibility remains and I've found a greater desire in my heart to pray for our new president than I ever thought!
I know what you mean! I found myself getting excited to pray for Obama! My mind was like "what?? you didn't vote for him, you didn't want him in office" but my spirit was so excited to pray out God's plan for him!
that's exactly the thing that kept stirring in me tuesday...I even wrote a song/poem thingy that God laid on my heart.
Post a Comment