I have a friend at church (well, actually there are multiple people) who have already set up their Christmas trees! Here's the deal, I LOVE Thanksgiving and I would not enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with a Christmas tree! But, we do decorate the day after Thanksgiving! I know that there are alot of people that once Halloween is over their Christmas tree goes up! Malls and stores do that...Wal-Mart has their Christmas stuff up..
It reminds me of the movie "It's Christmas Time Again, Charlie Brown". Charlie Brown is going door to door trying to sell Christmas wreathes in November. He starts out by saying "Hello sir/ma'am, would you like to buy a Christmas wreath?" The person at the door responds "What? It's not it's not even Thanksgiving yet?!" After a few people answering him like that he says "well, would you like to buy a Thanksgiving wreath?" Needless to say they slam the door in his face!
11.06.2008
It's not even Thanksgiving yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ha! Jess, it's funny you mentioned this. Nate and I were just talking about this the other night! I said, hey why don't we just go ahead and put up our Christmas stuff? He said, "Then you can't really enjoy Thanksgiving as well. You have to wait until Thanksgiving is over, then we will." I guess b/c I am so excited about Christmas I want to decorate right now!
I do think Thanksgiving wouldn't be quite the same w/ x-mas decor around the house.
So, to answer your question we wait until the day after Thanksgiving!!
There have been a few times I've seen Christmas stuff and I get excited to decorate, but I LOVE Thanksgiving too! I am so excited about Christmas but I really want to enjoy Thanksgiving! Who knows, maybe someday I'll be an early decorator! :)
This year our goal is to decorate before thanksgiving day. I want to have Christmas decor up so my mom can see it. I would like to go ahead and her gifts ready too so she can take them back with her to MN. That way we won't have to ship later.
So this year we will be early birds. I want to have everything up so I can enjoy the season and tree. We've always been so much in a rush that we never really have gotten to. It's up..it's down and it's over. This year will hopefully be different!!!
I am a Christmas nut!!! I am especially excited this year to decorate since it is my first Christmas in our new home & because I bought some stuff discount last year in January that has been sitting in a closet waiting to be put out! Growing up we always waited until after Thanksgiving, but not this year! I just can't wait that long!
I would have Christmas stuff up all the time if I could! I would love to put stuff up before Thanksgiving, but mom wants to wait. Thanksgiving is pretty much just a lot of eating so it doesn't really matter to me what's up. I even made my own Christmas CD!
Jessica you have to talk to Kelly...she keeps pressuring me to put all the "stuff" up! I am with you on this "WAIT TILL AFTER THANKSGIVING!"
Post a Comment