He shot a doe a few weeks ago and he had been really wanting to shoot a buck. Last Friday night Trent, Nate, Ben and Kyle went hunting and they didn't see anything. They were planning on camping and hunting Saturday morning but they didn't want to set up the tent and they didn't feel like sleeping on the ground!
Evan, Joanie and I were having a "girls night" and we were extremely surprised to see them home at 10:00 that night! What brave, tough men we have!!
Anyway, we all just stayed the night at Nate and Evan's because the guys wanted an early start the next morning. Trent and I were praying before bed and Trent said "Jess, I really want a deer, ask God!" (Nate had done that and got one, so we figured it would work for us too!) So, I asked the Lord for a buck for Trent. The next morning they didn't see anything so Trent and Nate decided to go to Phillip Parker's. Trent shot a doe and as they were trying to find it Trent saw a buck and decided to go for it! He got it! Needless to say, he was REALLY excited!!
Here are some pictures!
Here are some pictures!


These aren't the best picture's and they had already started gutting it. It's 9-point and it's bigger than the one Trent had shot a few years back! He was sure happy!!
7 comments:
How awesome Jess!! Nate and I were SO happy for them! God cares about the desires of our heart and this is proof of it!!! :)
ooops. i meant to say for him!
He does look pretty happy! This totally reminds me of a sermon I was listening to the other day & they were talking about how what is important to us is important to God, no matter how big or how small & this is an awesome testimony of that!
Oh, THAT'S why the beard was shaved off. He conquered the buck. That's cool!!! No more beard season needed I guess. Unless he wants another one...or two. Like someone else I know, ummmm, Nate!
He actually shaved his beard before he got the buck....he was just tired of it! Maybe it was his faith statement! :) Beard season for him was until he got tired of it..he actually said he might grow it back! The only reason he doesn't is because it's kinda scraggely (not sure how to spell that!)It does this weird curl thing...he doesn't like it!
man, he's so cute! :)
Yes he is!!! I luv my little wubba!! LOL!
Post a Comment