11.14.2008

Good hair, bad hair...

So, I got my hair cut and colored on Wednesday, I LOVED the cut but the color was not was I was expecting! I wanted dark, for fall and winter, but it was MUCH darker than I thought it would be. I also wanted blonde highlights, however the blonde was WAY TOO LIGHT!! I mean, it was like white! So, I had dark hair that looked like black and blonde hair that looked white, needless to say when you put those 2 together you get gray!
Yes, my hair looked gray!! I am not exaggerating! Someone at church even came up to me and said "Jess, I hate to tell you this, but your hair looks gray!" Sheesh!!
Well, I got it fixed today, and it's MUCH better!! My hairdresser just put some gold in it for like 5 minutes. All better! Here's the finished product!

For those of you that saw it at church, it's not extremely different, just a little more gold/blonde instead of white/blonde! I really like it now!

What about you? Have you ever had a hair cut, style or color go wrong?

9 comments:

Staci said...

I started to say, you could just put a toner on it to tone down the white, but you got it all fixed! (cute pic too! Jordan always says you and your siblings are the best looking family she knows :) )

Jessica said...

Thanks! Yes, my family is pretty good looking! Haha! :) I tend to think the looks all got passed down the line, so Joanie being cuter, Jamie being even cuter and Jordan, of course, being the cutest! He loves it when I tell him that! (what 17 year old boy likes to be called cute by his older sister??) :)

Staci said...

well, maybe knowing 17 year old girl said it may hold more weight?? lol

Jessica said...

Haha! That's true!!

mommak said...

I think your hair looks gorgeous! And yes! I've had my share of bad cuts and bad colors! I think its a part of being a girl - you take the good and the bad!

Anonymous said...

Just think back to your wedding Jess and my hair...that says it all!! :)

Jessica said...

haha, your hair at my wedding was kinda funny! Not too bad though, I think mine was worse!! At least your hair didn't look gray!

Kimmy said...

Well I am glad you got it fixed! I have to agree with Kelly that bad hair cuts come with being a girl! I have had my share as well, but not for some time now that my sister-in-law Shaynah does my hair & she is amazing! When you find a good person you gotta stick with them! Your hair is definitely cute though! Perfect colors for fall/winter!

Anonymous said...

Yes, when I was little we (meaning my mom and I) decided to color my home with a kit at home (keep in mind this was Easter weekend) and when she was done my hair was ORANGE! Yes, ORANGE! It was horrible! So, I had to go to the salon and they had to fix it but the only way they could do it was to bleach it blonde /white I looked like Marilyn Monroe!! It was not funny at the time, now we laugh about it. Needless to say my mom has never colored my hair again and I've never done it at home! Always at a salon!