So, the reason for my blog title...
When Trent and I were dating, we were having one of our 4 hour long conversation until 3 in the morning and he asked me if i could name my life, what would it be? I thought about it and answered "fearless, my life is fearless".
Most of my life I have struggled with fear, some small, some really big, fear of anything and everything.
God showed me in 2 Tim 1:7 that He hasn't given me fear but love, power and a sound mind! 1 John 4:18 says perfect love casts out fear! And, in Romans it says God's love has been shed abroad in our hearts! So, if God gives me His love and His love is perfect, fear should be cast out!
Anyway, I started confessing those verses over me and now I am fearless! I am still learning to not listen to fear that tries to come, fear of what people think, fear of being in front of people, etc...
But, I am not letting something so small as fear, something that has been defeated on the cross hold me back from all that God has for me to do! So, I say my life is fearless!
7 comments:
That is awesome. I love to see people doing the Word. When we are fearless we will be able to obey the Lord is everything we are asked to do, and that means your life will be a huge adventure. Here's to living life to the fullest without fear!!!
Wow, Jess! That is good stuff! :)
I also wanted to say that I really like your pic at the top of your page.
Its looks like Trent's hand is CGI
haha! It does!! My shirt looks fake too!
Awesome... the Sheen and I talk about this often, how fear can determine so many things; most importantly God's plan. Awesome 'life-label' though.
What happened to the jelly bean post? It showed up in my RSS reader now it's gone...?
Well said! Mom and I were just talking a couple of days ago about a different types of fear (or manifestations of the spirit of fear) we are dealing with. Mom is overcoming the fear of failure and I have the fear of rejection under my feet!
By the way, thanks for including us in this amazing view of your life! We love you!
Dad
Anyway... as I was saying... WE, TOO, ARE FEARLESS!
:)
And 1 correction for your father-in-law: it's not an "amazing" view of your life...it's Phenomenal.
Post a Comment