I was praying today during my lunch break and this is a little of what the Lord was showing me! I am so excited I just wanted to share it with someone!
Ephesians 5:14
Therefore He says, Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine and make day dawn upon you and give you light.
Isaiah 60:1-3
Arise from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life! Shine and be radiant with the glory of the Lord, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you!
For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and dense darkness all peoples, but the Lord shall arise upon you and His glory shall be seen on you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.
I just find it so interesting that both verses talk about arising and then light shining...
I've really been praying for the Body of Christ lately...I want to see it arise and let that light shine, to become the glorious bride of Christ that we need to be! We can't be the glorious, spotless bride if we aren't taking our place.
There is so much that the church needs to see...our authority in Christ, our position, seated next to Christ! That's our place! We (as the Body, as a whole) have to wake up, to arise into the Light! We have to take our place of authority in the Heavens! We have to!
Yes, there are people in the world that need to come into the light, obviously there is darkness in the world, but how can we expect the world to come into light if the church isn't taking their place and isn't walking/dwelling in the light!
God has called the church to be the Body, unified as one, to carry out His will on this earth!
Church, arise! Arise into the light! Your light has come!
I also thinks it's SO exciting that when we do arise and shine, nations will come to that light! (Is. 60:3) It says they will see the brightness of our rising! We pray for harvest and nations to come in but until the church arises into light that won't happen! We have to arise! When we do, light will shine and nations will come!
I was also reading the Tommy Hicks vision of the last days church and harvest and it talks about that! When the church arises light comes forth! I encourage you to read it!
http://www.kcm.org/pdf/tommy_hicks.pdf
3 comments:
Really great post! It is such a vital truth that I think most Christians have put on the shelf and forgotten about. I love that you pointed out that if we want to see the darkness in this world change, then we really need to step it up & take our place in the light!
I periodically listen to Chip Brim's message that he preached here in the spring about arising. I just want to keep that in front of my mind! This is good, Jess!
oh man!
and I love the pic at the top of the blog! :)
Post a Comment