4.09.2010

I love to start!

Well, I have wanted to write a new post for awhile but I just haven't taken the time to do it. I do that with alot of things...I make a decision to do something, and then I forget or I just don't take the time to do it. Actually, the Lord has been talking to me about that! I love to start things - I get so excited and motivated to do something! Then, a week goes by, maybe two weeks, and then, I lose motivation. We get busy, we stay up late, other things come along and I stop doing whatever it was I was so excited to do!

I've done that alot in my life.

I don't want to be that way anymore! I want to finish what I start! I want to be a disciplined person! So, next Saturday I am running/jogging a 5k. That's 3.2 miles! I have never run that far at one time so this will be a stretch for me! I am excited about it! I want to have something in my life that I can look back on and say "I started that, AND I finished that!"

Anyway, that's where I'm at right now - that's also why there hasn't been a post in awhile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we all have things that we have started here and there that never got finished. (I know I could write a list.) I am proud of you for striving to do better though.
Brenda and I ran a 5K last spring and I was amazed at how well we did. I'm cheering for you. . . Go ALL the way!! ;-)
Dana

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did it! How exciting - I have to say, I've been dealing with the SAME THING lately! :)

xxoo

Danielle