2.11.2009

I'm amazed...again!

So, my last post was about Trent surprising me! Well, that's what this post is about too! Last night Trent canceled youth band practice...it was a much needed break! He called me and said he wanted to "take me to get my Valentine present, it's waiting for us!" Ok, I didn't think we were getting Valentine presents...it wasn't really something I thought he would do! You would think I would've learned from my birthday that Trent is FULL of surprises and he loves to plan things like that! So, after supper we went over to Ft Smith and he pulls into Academy, which is a sports/outdoors store. Ok, I am really confused now...why would my valentine present be here? So, we go in and head right to the fishing aisle and Trent says "Surprise! I want to get you your own fishing pole!"
Ok, I LOVE fishing and I had just been using one of Trent's poles, which isn't that big of a deal, but he wanted me to have my own! So, I got to pick out my own fishing pole and reel! It's even black and pink! (I love pink) There is a pink tackle box he is going to get me too! And, he picked out some lures for me so I could have my own! Isn't that so cute! I am SO excited!
And then we went to Marble Slab! We both really like ice cream and we hardly ever go there!
So, he surprised me, not once, but twice! Like I said in my last post, he never ceases to amaze me! I am convinced, I am married to the best man in the world! (I suppose some of you may disagree, that's ok!)

7 comments:

Kimmy said...

What a great surprise!! Like I said before you are very blessed! You should post some pictures of your new fishing pole and tackle box, sounds cute! I love anything PINK as well! :)

Belinda said...

Ok I have a pink pole also with some pink lures. So if you ever want to borrow some pink lures your more than welcome to use mine. Pink is great color. I think the fish like the pink better. :)

Jake said...

Post a pic!

I don't know if I've ever seen a pink fishing pole. Awesome story!

Anonymous said...

Trentster - you are becoming a legend! And a famous wife surpriser!

Anonymous said...

How cool! Nate did this for me for my 16th birthday when we were dating in HS. Everyone at school thought it was the dumbest present. But i LOVED it! Fishing was something that Nate and I enjoyed doing together and still do!! We are so excited for spring so that we can take the boat out and go fishing w/ the boys.............and you guys!!! :)
Now I need to get a cute pink pole, then we can have a contest vs. trent & nate of who will catch the most fish!!! :) Like Belinda said.....I know the fish like pink better!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute. I might even want to try fishing! I said MIGHT even want to try.

Jessica said...

You should!!! You wouldn't have to touch the lures or fish or anything! And, we could even get a big pontoon or something so we could all go! :)