OK, so I know the post I wrote yesterday was a little pointless! But seriously, God is SO good!
As ya'll probably know, it's coming up on the day taxes are due. A couple months ago we called Fran, who does our taxes for us and she told us an amount we would need to pay. We knew we would be able to pay it, no problem! Well, the last few weeks have been quite a bit slower for Trent, there was a couple days he didn't work. We also spent a little more on Christmas presents than we had planned. So, we looked at everything a few nights ago and realized we didn't have enough. Actually, we were almost a thousand short! We had some money from Trent's birthday and with our cash that we had we brought it up to about $500 short.
Ok, I know this may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but this was our first real need for money. This was the first time we didn't have anything to draw from (savings, checking, etc...)
We both started to get a little worried! But, we remembered that God supplies our needs, not anyone or anything else! We both got in the Word, told worry to shut up and found out what God said. Before this we had both been confessing that God supplies our needs and that we have NO lack, that's what began to come back up in our spirits. We were laying in bed that night, Trent was reading a scripture out loud and I started laughing! I KNEW that God was going to provide! I told Trent that we just needed to laugh about it because we are victorious! We both started laughing really hard! Then, we went to bed, in peace!
The next day (yesterday) Trent went to talk to Fran to find out when we needed to mail our money and all that. She started figuring some things and told us that we didn't have to pay as much! The new amount was actually $1500 less than what she had originally said! Needless to say, Trent and I were really excited!
Ok, so you may think, yeah, that's just natural, she just told you the wrong amount in the first place, or you could have done a tax extension so you could pay later, or whatever. I don't care! I KNOW that God supplied for our need and the EXACT time we needed it!
He is SO faithful! We did what we knew to do, we had been sowing seed b y confessing and thanking the Lord for all our needs met and then when we had a real need, God completely supplied! Now, instead of not having enough or having just enough, we have MORE THAN ENOUGH!!!
Isn't God so cool!
7 comments:
VERY awesome... I love hearing stories like these. We serve such an awesome God!!!
That is SO AWESOME!! God is good!
God can work with natural circumstances - but without Him, we're NOTHING!! So I agree with you - He is good!
We had a similar thing happen this year - we had taxes from the year before that we were paying off and our tax refund this year completely paid off last years TO THE PENNY!! We had been believing for all our debts to be canceled, dissolved, gone - and here they were completely paid off without a dime from our check book! :) I love how much God loves us...
Thanks for sharing!
That is SO awesome! God is so faithful!
God rules all!! He is so good all the time! Sweet testimony!
When you just leave it to God, He comes through. Your right "God is SO good". That's great.
Thanks for sharing this! God is the BEST, he ALWAYS comes through and is ALWAYS faithful to His Word!!!
We serve on on time God!!!
Post a Comment