10.23.2008

When I pray...

Last night at church Pastor Susan taught about prayer and praying for nations and specifically praying for our nation. It was so good!
One thing she said really went off in me! Oh man, it was HUGE revelation! She said when we pray we weaken Satan's kingdom. Then she said when I pray I weaken Satan's kingdom! Oh my gosh, this is SO amazing!! When I pray! When I pray I weaken Satan's kingdom!! (Well, it's the Holy Spirit praying through me!) Ok, not just in corporate prayer, not just when people who have been praying for 20 years, no! Me, when I pray!!! This is so exciting! It makes me want to pray!
Prayer is SO effective, if we would just realize that! Prayer really does change things! I know that such a Christianise thing now, "prayer changes things" and "pray until something happens" and it's almost like when we hear those things we automatically say "I know, I know prayer changes things"...but do we really know that?? I said that, but I didn't really know how effective my prayers are!
If we truly knew that when we pray, Satan's kingdom is weakened and light is able to go through, piercing the darkness, we would do it!
Ok, I'm not trying to preach or be condemning! I am reminding myself of this stuff too!
I think sometimes we think that prayer is hard, or it takes 5 hours to get something accomplished, it doesn't have to! It's so simple, just follow the voice of the Spirit, when he says pray, we pray! Sometimes it's 5 minutes, sometimes it may be a half hour, sometimes it may be longer. But, when we know how effective we are being, it's so worth it!
James 5:16 says the earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].
Isn't this good news!! That when we pray it's not "ok, Lord, do what You will, whatever You think is best"...NO!!! When we pray, there is much power available, dynamic in its working!!
Ok, I am rambling, but this is SO exciting to me!! To know that when I pray, things literally change!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

What an awesome revelation! Like you said it can become almost cliche when we say "Oh prayer changes things" but that is an awesome new perspective on the power that we have when we pray EVERY time! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I know! This is the revelation that went off in me too!! It definately stirred me to do more in my prayer life......thanks for the great post!

Sheena said...

I agree with Evan! It is so awesome that when we pray the devil is weakened! I love it!

Staci said...

And also on the other side, the sobering fact that she gave about how we are responsible for the prayers on the inside of us that we DON'T pray when we need to.

This was good, Jess!