11.02.2009

I feel like Elf!

So, my favorite line from the move Elf (which I recommend if you haven’t seen it) is when Buddy the Elf says “I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows is”!! I’m not sure if anyone knows what I am talking about!!

That’s how I feel!! I get to see Trent today, it’s been a week! We both knew that he was to go to England with his dad and from what I’ve heard it’s been AMAZING!!! I can’t wait to hear ALL of it!

It was a great week for me too! God really showed me some things about relying on Him, God is my source of joy and peace, not Trent! There is a place of grace we, as wives, can step into to function while our husbands are gone! (Thank-you Pastor Susan for sharing that with me) But, I can’t tell you how excited I am to see my husband! You don’t realize all the things you love and appreciate about someone until they aren’t there! I am humbling myself to say this but some of the things that would kind annoy me that Trent would do, are the things I missed alot! It makes me see how much I love him and how much I appreciate him!!

So, with all the excitement I have, I say “I’m in love, I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it”!!

Disclaimer: I know this cheesy and maybe dumb for other people to read but what can I say? I am excited to see him!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Aww I love this!!! So happy that you finally get to see him!! When I was at Rhema and Scott and I would go 6 months without seeing each other it was the worst but definitely made me appreciate him more!!

Beckypdj said...

No disclaimer needed! Glad they are home. There are times when Tom and I get too busy and even though we see each other every day, I will get to missing him. That means it is time to slow down and adjust our priorities. We are blessed with great husbands.

My favorite line from Elf is, "I KNOW HIM!!, when Buddy is talking about Santa. That could be another post!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica, I am excited to see so much enthusiasm when you speak of your husband like this. That is great.

As I read this I thought yeah, that is kinda cheesy. All lovey dovey. lol But then I thought to myself, wow, what if you were talking about Jesus instead of Trent. So, I read it again with that in mind. It read the same but had much more meaning to me and made me think. Do I love Jesus like this? We are the bride of Christ, right! WOW.

Thanx for sharing that story.

Anonymous said...

I love this!