Mark 8:34 And Jesus called [to Him] the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself [forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests] and take up his cross, and joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party] follow with Me [continually, cleaving steadfastly to Me].
We've been talking so much about change lately and my flesh is freaking out! It's uncomfortable to my mind and flesh. But, my Spirit is SO excited! I will not let the flesh, what I "want", or my comfort hold me back from ALL that God has! I will change, I will be adaptable. It's not about me or my interests! I love how this verse says we have to forget and disown ourselves and follow Him. We have to completly, 100% put ourselves aside. It's not about me!
God has only good things for us. He will not lead me into a place that will harm me! I have to step out in faith and in trust and follow Him! Wherever He says go, I will go! It's not about what I want, it's about fulfilling His will. Not my will but God's! And, that will is good!
3 comments:
Amen!
Such a great post Jess!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!
Can I add another Amen!
Post a Comment